Enter Your Address to Register Today

Comments

User Avatar

10:27PM February 11, 2019

Nyquan Hyman
Hello we have Centurylink but its in bandwidth exhaustion. Indian Woods Rd (Bertie) and Quitsna Rd (Bertie) would love your service.

7:39PM November 29, 2018

David Black
Any kind of time frame for Drumhill rd. & Buck Farm ln. In Gates?

7:26PM October 02, 2018

Eric Dye
Thank you for your continued hard work. Thank you for your tenacity. We appreciate everything you are doing to make this dream a reality.

10:14AM June 18, 2018

Randolph Parker
Any more updates other than the 2 to 3 year completion time frame? I work remote and must have access to the Company's VPN access. I purchased a home on Coniotte RD in Windsor without checking for internet service in the area(oversight on my part) over year ago but unable to completely move in with no internet connection. The company that I work for, Frontier Communications is located in Allen, TX so I can not move in and just drive to work. I would appreciate any other updates that you can give.

6:00PM June 09, 2018

Susan Tann Campaign Owner
Hello Ms. Bond, Thank you for inquiring on our broadband project. We are currently connecting homes on Connarista Rd. (Bertie Co.). We have started construction in Halifax Co. on Hwy 561. It will take 2-3 years to complete our entire service territory. Please continue to visit this site for updates. Have a wonderful weekend, Member Services

12:06AM June 09, 2018

Rosalind Bond
I have been waiting for more information on internet services. It has been a while since I signed up for the services and there is still little to no information on it! How long are we really going to have to wait for these services???

6:42PM May 15, 2018

Kristen Fajardo
I'm wondering if there are any updates on the project. I live on Barfield and it says 0% to goal. I'm anxiously awaiting the service as I need it to be able to teach online.

6:58PM May 10, 2018

Cherilyn Deloatch
There haven't been any updates in a while... Does that mean they r still working them areas? Is 158 in Northampton county anywhere on the list???

8:09AM May 10, 2018

Susan Tann Campaign Owner
@Ken Christison - I will have someone reach out to you today. Thanks, Member Services

8:00AM May 10, 2018

Susan Tann Campaign Owner
Thank you for reaching out to us regarding the Roanoke Connect Project. There are parts of Hertford County on this list. We are working in all five counties. Please continue to check this site for more updates. Thanks, Member Services

9:38PM May 09, 2018

Emily Gyoker
When are will Hertford Co, be on the list?

12:35PM May 08, 2018

Ken Christison
When I signed up in February there was a charge of $100 for installation. Now there is this offer for free installation and a reduced rate for 6 months. Do I get the new rate, or will I need to "unsign up then re sign up?

11:20PM March 29, 2018

Emma Gene Wynn
I will be glad when internet is in my area. All of us in my neighborhood can't wait for it to be in our area. Thanks for finally getting it coming our way. Children in our area need the broadband . Will give them something to look forward to.

10:42AM February 13, 2018

Robin Scalpi
High Speed internet is extremely important to my husband and I. We we be relocating to Bertie County and also relocating our Business. Please keep us updated. Can anyone give us any updates??

5:01PM January 26, 2018

robert turner
I"am not going to register or sign up till you give out more information,like is there a limit on usage and what the monthly cost for the Internet service.

7:44PM December 29, 2017

BRUCE PASEK
I would like to know since i have purchased a wifi thermostat 2 years ago on my own , shouldn't I receive the same benefit as others who get it from the co-op? I also replaced my water heater with a energy saving unit compatible with wifi, so what if any are my benefits from the co-op?

2:56PM March 21, 2017

Steve Worrell
Broadband fiber in rural NC is a game changer! Opens up all kinds of possibilities for small businesses and in homes. I'm sure my grandfather in Como, NC felt a similar surge of enthusiasm when electricity came out to his farm in 1947 from this very same Cooperative. I applaud REC for their forward thinking and energy in getting this initiative done.

2:39PM February 23, 2017

Robert Turner
Any updates on this? The last update came when only 1 of 5 counties had met the goal but now we are at 4 of 5 and have not gotten any updates. Can we look forward to an update soon?

12:12PM January 11, 2017

Johnny Jenkins
When will all this get started,ready to get hooked up!

10:11AM December 20, 2016

John L
Yay !!! How long before we can hook up ? John L

10:57AM September 29, 2016

John L
Gates County Residents , Spread the word , we can make this happen ... Roanoke Electric help us , consider a direct mail info letter . Build It They Will Come ! John L

2:08PM September 12, 2016

Johnny Jenkins
I too, never saw a slip in my bill regarding this.A friend of mine told me about it last week.I am hopeful that this will change the internet situation I have on my road.Guess I'll have to go door to door and let my neighbors know about it.We need to get this done!

11:11PM September 06, 2016

Carmar Wade
It's great to see steps toward expanding broadband in our rual area. Demand will explode from the generation becoming young adults seeking vitality in Eastern North Carolina. There's no doubt in my mind of the need. Keep going, you've got my support.

8:45PM August 29, 2016

Deborah Tayloe
Thank you for considering broadband in Bertie County. Unfortunately, many of my neighbors don't have internet to take the survey. I doubt they even know about it. This does not mean these Members don't want internet, simply that they don't want tied to a satellite contract. Without access to internet, they can't take your survey. A letter with a paper response would be a more effective way to reach people without internet in rural parts of your area.

12:16PM August 10, 2016

Wilbur Daniels
I also agree with Terry and john. I read the slip but could not connect to roanoke.crowd fiber.com. A customer service rep. at the co-op advised me to go through the co-op website and click on Roanoke connect. Everyone needs to know how to access the survey.

7:51AM June 28, 2016

Terry Hairston
I agree with John L. I never saw the slip, just happened across it and now I am sharing with friends and neighbors. I actually had to complete this at work, because the connection at my house was not able to stay connected long enough to complete the survey.

12:59PM June 11, 2016

John L
You will need to do more than insert a slip of paper in with our bills about this campaign as many probably didn't read it. I would suggest a separate mailing explaining this program, making sure everyone knows it is a possibility we can make happen. Please consider this ! Thanks